Acceptable Use Policy
This AUP governs the use of Visiba's web hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and Visiba regarding the interpretation of this AUP, Visiba's interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern. If you have any questions regarding this AUP, please contact us.
Table of Contents
- Offensive Content
- Unaccepted Materials
- Bulk Commercial E-Mail
- Unsolicited E-Mail
- Material Protected by Copyright
- Copyright Infringement Notice
- Unlimited features
- Internet Abuse
- Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You may not publish or transmit via Visiba's service any content that Visiba reasonably believes:
- constitutes child pornography;
- constitutes pornography;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person's privacy;
- creates a risk to a person's safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- clearly infringes on another person's trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Visiba; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against Visiba by offended viewers;
Visiba does not accept material such as:
- High Yield Investment Programs (HYIP)
- Illegal Gambling and Lottery sites or services.
Content "published or transmitted" via Visiba's service includes Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any Internet service provided by Visiba.
Visiba can terminate a service for any of the above reasons and it's at Visiba's sole discretion to issue a refund.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
Bulk Commercial E-Mail
Any kind of bulk emailing is strictly prohibited with shared hosting. This policy applies to messages sent using your Visiba service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your Visiba service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
Visiba may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it. You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your Visiba's services.
Material Protected by Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner;
- you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
Visiba will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
Copyright Infringement Notice (Digital Millennium Copyright Act)
If you believe your copyright is being infringed by a person using the Visiba network, please send your written notice of copyright infringement to: email@example.com Your notice must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted words at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the materialthat is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Visiba to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Visiba to contact you, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
There are no set limits on the disk space and bandwidth that we provide on the Maximus plan. We want you to have the resources you need to build a great online presence, and 99.95% of all customers will have more than enough disk space and bandwidth to meet their needs. That being said, we do require all customers to be fully compliant with our Terms of Service and utilize disk space and bandwidth in the normal operation of a personal or small business website. While it is rare, we may need to put constraints on accounts that are using resources beyond what would be expected in the normal operation of a personal or small business website. Typically, customers only run into issues if they use their accounts for storage or file sharing, which is not what our services are intended to support. In accordance with our Terms of Services the disk space and bandwidth you use must be integrated into the normal operation of your website.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the Visiba network.
Visiba is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers' activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the Visiba network.
Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to Visiba and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner's authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting;
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the Visiba network;
- Use of Visiba's network in a way that unreasonably interferes with Visiba's other customers use of the network.
Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums