Table Of Contents
- Cancellation and Early Termination
- Customer Information
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- Limitation of Damages
- Suspension of Services/Termination
- Resource Usage
- Bandwidth Usage
- Request for Customer Information
- Back Up Copy
- Request for Rebuild/Restore of Hosting Package
- Changes to Visiba's Network
- Force Majeure
- Governing Law/Disputes
Subject to the terms of this Agreement, and contingent on Customer’s satisfaction of Visiba’s credit approval requirements, Visiba agrees to provide the web hosting services described in the Order for the fees stated in the Order.
The initial service term of the Agreement shall begin on the date that Visiba generates an e-mail message to Customer announcing the activation of the Customer’s account (the “Service Commencement Date”) and shall continue for the number of months stated in the Order (the “Initial Term”). Upon expiration of the Initial Term, this Agreement shall automatically renew for the same length as the Initial Term (each a “Renewal Term”) unless Visiba or Customer provides the other with termination notice within 7 days prior to the expiration of the Initial Term or then-current Renewal Term, as applicable. The Initial Term and any Renewal Term may be referred to collectively in this Agreement as the “Term.”
- (a) Recurring FeesRenewal notices are emailed 14 days before the actual renew date in your account. If your billing method is Paypal or credit card, you will need to manually pay your invoice when the invoice is generated. Service will be made inactive on accounts that are not paid by the day after the due date. An account means all hosting services provided to you. Visiba reserves the right to revoke this grace period if a pattern of late payment is observed or if your payment method is listed as other. Any accounts made inactive for non-payment is subject to a 20% late payment fee which is added 5 days after the due payment date.
- (b) Non-Recurring FeesAll customers exceeding their bandwidth allowance will be sent invoices due upon receipt each month. All customers are responsible for monitoring transfer or bandwidth usage each month. Bandwidth overages are charged at $1.00 per each GB used over the allowed limit of the package. Customers have the option before their bandwidth billing cycle ends to upgrade per our a la carte upgrade option. Once your plan is upgraded you can not request a downgrade of the same plan for at least one month.
4. Cancellation and Early Termination
Customer acknowledges that the amount of the fee for the service is based on Customer’s agreement to pay the fee for the entire Initial Term, or Renewal Term, as applicable. In the event Visiba terminates the Agreement for Customer’s breach of the Agreement in accordance with Section 10 (Suspension of Services/Termination), or Customer terminates the service other than in accordance with Section 10 (Suspension of Services/Termination) for Visiba breach, the unpaid fees for each billing cycle remaining in the Initial Term or then-current Renewal Term, as applicable, are due on the business day following termination of the Agreement. Customer also acknowledges that a minimum of 7 days cancellation notice or downgrade of current package prior to the following renewal term must be given in writing to Visiba or the Customer will be responsible for full payment of the following term. The cancellation request will be subject to the following guidelines:
- Cancellation request can be submitted within your account (“Services” > “My Services” > “Request Cancellation” for the corresponding service)
- Cancellation request can be submitted by sending a support ticket to the Sales / Billing Department
Customer agrees to use the service in compliance with applicable law and Visiba’s Acceptable Use Policy posted at https://www.visiba.com/acceptable-use-policy (the “AUP”), which is hereby incorporated by reference in this Agreement. Customer agrees that Visiba may, in its reasonable commercial judgment consistent with industry standards, amend the AUP from time to time to further detail or describe reasonable restrictions and conditions on Customer’s use of the Services. Amendments to the AUP are effective on the earlier of Visiba’s notice to Customer that an amendment has been made, or the first day of any Renewal Term that begins subsequent to the amendment. Customer agrees to cooperate with Visiba’s reasonable investigation of any suspected violation of the AUP. In the event of a dispute between Visiba and Customer regarding the interpretation of the AUP, Visiba’s commercially reasonable interpretation of the AUP shall govern.
6. Customer Information
Customer represents and warrants to Visiba that the information he, she or it has provided and will provide to Visiba for purposes of establishing and maintaining the service is accurate. If Customer is an individual, Customer represents and warrants to Visiba that he or she is at least 14 years of age. Visiba may rely on the instructions of the person listed as the Primary Customer Contact on the Order with regard to Customer’s account until Customer has provided a written notice changing the Primary Customer Contract.
Customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Visiba, Visiba’s affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, obligations, losses, damages, penalties, fines, punitive damages, amounts in interest, expenses and disbursements of any kind and nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys fees) brought by a third party under any theory of legal liability arising out of or related to the actual or alleged use of Customer’s services in violation of applicable law or the AUP by Customer or any person using Customer’s log on information, regardless of whether such person has been authorized to use the services by Customer.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties
VISIBA DOES NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR COMPLETELY SECURE. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW VISIBA DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS.
9. Limitation of Damages
NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, OR FOR DAMAGES THAT COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED BY THE USE OF REASONABLE DILIGENCE, ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE AGREEMENT, EVEN IF THE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OR SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE IN THE AGREEMENT TO THE CONTRARY, THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF VISIBA AND ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR AFFILIATES, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW (INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, AND INFRINGEMENT) SHALL BE A PAYMENT OF MONEY NOT TO EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAYABLE BY CUSTOMER FOR THREE MONTHS OF SERVICE.
- (a) Suspension of ServiceCustomer agrees that Visiba may suspend services to Customer without notice and without liability if: (i) Visiba reasonably believes that the services are being used in violation of the AUP; (ii) Customer fails to cooperate with any reasonable investigation of any suspected violation of the AUP; (iii) Visiba reasonably believes that the suspension of service is necessary to protect its network or its other customers, or (iv) as requested by a law enforcement or regulatory agency. Customer shall pay Visiba’s reasonable reinstatement fee if service is reinstituted following a suspension of service under this subsection.
- (b) TerminationThe Agreement may be terminated by Customer prior to the expiration of the Initial Term or any Renewal Term without further notice and without liability if Visiba fails in a material way to provide the service in accordance with the terms of the Agreement and does not cure the failure within ten (10) days of Customer’s written notice describing the failure in reasonable detail. The Agreement may be terminated by Visiba prior to the expiration of the Initial Term or any Renewal Term without further notice and without liability as follows: (i) upon five (5) days notice if Customer is overdue on the payment of any amount due under the Agreement; (ii) Customer materially violates any other provision of the Agreement, including the AUP, and fails to cure the violation within thirty (30) days of a written notice from Visiba describing the violation in reasonable detail; (iii) upon one (1) days notice if Customer’s Service is used in violation of a material term of the AUP more than once, or (iv) upon one (1) days notice if Customer violates Section 6 (Customer Information) of this Agreement. Either party may terminate this agreement upon five (5) days advance notice if the other party admits insolvency, makes an assignment for the benefit of its creditors, files for bankruptcy or similar protection, is unable to pay debts as they become due, has a trustee or receiver appointed over all or a substantial portion of its assets, or enters into an agreement for the extension or readjustment of all or substantially all of its obligations.
11. Resource Usage
Visiba Customers may not initiate the following (below), if any customer does Visiba may terminate the account with no refund. Depending on the situation there will/won’t be warnings sent.
- a) Use 25% or more of system CPU resources for longer then 90 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
- b) Use of any kind of distributed computing software, including but not limited to SETI@home, Node Zero and Folding@home
- c) Run any type of interactive real-time chat applications that require server resources. Remotely-hosted services are fully allowed.
- d) Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons.
- e) Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
- f) Run any file sharing, bit torrent or other P2P network services, client or server software.
- g) Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield 1492, etc.
12. Bandwidth Usage
You are allocated a monthly bandwidth allowance. This allowance varies depending on the hosting package you purchase. Should your account pass the allocated amount we reserve the right to suspend the account until the start of the next allocation, suspend the account until more bandwidth is purchased at an additional fee, suspend the account until you upgrade to a higher level of package, terminate the account and/or charge you an additional fee for the overages. Unused transfer in one month cannot be carried over to the next month. If you exceed your bandwidth limit within the first 30 days of service you are not eligible for the 30 day money back guarantee and you are responsible to pay for any overage.
Visiba is not a domain registrar. We are a reseller for UK2 so all Visiba customers who purchase a domain or transfer a domain to us are bound by the terms and conditions set forth by UK2. Domain purchases as well as domain transfers are billed at different prices depending on the domain extension. You have the option to add privacy protection to selected domains at $3.99/year. You will receive notice from Visiba once your domain is up for renewal. If you do not renew your domain by the expiration date you run the risk of losing your domain.
14. Requests for Customer Information
Customer agrees that Visiba may, without notice to Customer, (i) report to the appropriate authorities any conduct by Customer or any of Customer’s customers or end users that Visiba believes violates applicable law, and (ii) provide any information that it has about Customer or any of its customers or end users in response to a formal or informal request from a law enforcement or regulatory agency or in response to a formal request in a civil action that on its face meets the requirements for such a request.
15. Back Up Copy
Customer agrees to maintain a current copy of all content hosted by Visiba notwithstanding any agreement by Visiba to provide back up services.
16. Request for Rebuild/Restore of Hosting Package
During any service term, customer may request up to two free rebuilds for a control panel change and one free rebuild/restore for any reason of choice. If a customer should need to request a rebuild/restore after this a $5 one time fee will be enforced.
17. Changes to Visiba’s Network
Upgrades and other changes in Visiba’s network, including, but not limited to changes in its software, hardware, and service providers, may affect the display or operation of Customer’s hosted content and/or applications. Visiba reserves the right to change its network in its commercially reasonable discretion, and Visiba shall not be liable for any resulting harm to Customer.
Notices to Visiba under the Agreement shall be given via electronic mail to the e-mail address posted for customer support. Notices to Customer shall be given via electronic mail to the individual listed as the Primary Customer Contact on the Order. Notices are deemed received on the day transmitted, or if that day is not a business day, on the first business day following the day delivered. Customer may change his, her or its notice address by a notice given in accordance with this Section.
19. Force Majeure
Visiba shall not be in default of any obligation under the Agreement if the failure to perform the obligation is due to any event beyond Visiba’s control, including, without limitation, significant failure of a portion of the power grid, significant failure of the Internet, natural disaster, war, riot, insurrection, epidemic, strikes or other organized labor action, terrorist activity, or other events of a magnitude or type for which precautions are not generally taken in the industry.
20. Governing Law/Disputes
The Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Virginia, exclusive of its choice of law principles, and the laws of the United States of America, as applicable. The Agreement shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods. EXCLUSIVE VENUE FOR ALL DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE AGREEMENT SHALL BE THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS IN FAIRFAX COUNTY, VISIBA, AND EACH PARTY AGREES NOT TO DISPUTE SUCH PERSONAL JURISDICTION AND WAIVES ALL OBJECTIONS THERETO.
Each party acknowledges and agrees that the other party retains exclusive ownership and rights in its trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, inventions, copyrights, and other intellectual property. Neither party may use the other party’s name or trade mark without the other party’s prior written consent. The parties intend for their relationship to be that of independent contractors and not a partnership, joint venture, or employer/employee. Neither party will represent itself to be agent of the other. Each party acknowledges that it has no power or authority to bind the other on any agreement and that it will not represent to any person that it has such power or authority. This Agreement may be amended only by a formal written agreement signed by both parties. The terms on Customer’s purchase order or other business forms are not binding on Visiba unless they are expressly incorporated into a formal written agreement signed by both parties. A party’s failure or delay in enforcing any provision of the Agreement will not be deemed a waiver of that party’s rights with respect to that provision or any other provision of the Agreement. A party’s waiver of any of its right under the Agreement is not a waiver of any of its other rights with respect to a prior, contemporaneous or future occurrence, whether similar in nature or not. The captions in the Agreement are not part of the Agreement, but are for the convenience of the parties. The following provisions will survive expiration or termination of the Agreement: Fees, indemnity obligations, provisions limiting liability and disclaiming warranties, provisions regarding ownership of intellectual property, these miscellaneous provisions, and other provisions that by their nature are intended to survive termination of the Agreement. There are no third party beneficiaries to the Agreement. Neither insurers nor the customers of resellers are third party beneficiaries to the Agreement. Customer may not transfer the Agreement without Visiba’s prior written consent. Visiba’s approval for assignment is contingent on the assignee meeting Visiba’s credit approval criteria. Visiba may assign the Agreement in whole or in part.
This Agreement together with the Order and AUP constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between the parties regarding its subject matter and supersedes and replaces any prior understanding or communication, written or oral.
Last updated on Monday October 22, 2012